- Write high-quality scientific/medical content for all assigned projects (including, among others, abstracts, posters, slides, manuscripts)
- Provide strategic input on communications plans
- Effectively troubleshoot/address questions from clients/authors
- Ensure accuracy of all written material and annotate data, references, and background scientific/medical information used to complete projects
- Provide medical direction to support account teams
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of and adhere to GPP2, PhRMA, FDA (including FDAAA), and OIG guidelines
JB Ashtin is hiring a senior medical writer!
We are seeking a seasoned medical writer who is technically savvy and relationship focused to join our scientific services team as a full-time senior medical writer in our Plymouth, Michigan, office. The chosen candidate will be charged with developing medical content with the highest level of technical accuracy for various pharma and medical device products and disease states.
We’re the forward-thinking medical communications company for those talented medical writers who want to do things differently and establish a life-long career. In exchange for your unique technical skills and services, we offer you a progressive company with a strong commitment to excellence and desire to build enduring client relationships. We are a company that prides itself on being thoughtful of others while having some fun at the same time.
Main job tasks and responsibilities
Required education and experience
- PharmD or PhD with 4+ years’ experience in medical writing
- Ability to quickly gain knowledge of therapeutic areas, science, and products for all assigned accounts
- Ability to simultaneously manage numerous, complex projects with overlapping timeframes, deadlines
- Maintains strong interpersonal communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Desire to work in a very positive collaborative team setting
- Proficient in Microsoft Word office suite and Outlook. Advanced skills in PowerPoint and Excel a definite plus and are favored
- Ability to work with confidential and sensitive corporate/client information
- Responds well under pressure. Able to demonstrate urgency, yet can be flexible when needed
- Willingness to travel (some travel is required)
In addition to your CV, we also require a cover letter for consideration for this position. The cover letter should address your interest in the position and outline your specific skills and experience that directly relate to this position. Please also provide 2 writing samples for our review (completion of a writing test may also be required).
Interested candidates should send these materials plus salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are firmly committed to ensuring a safe, healthy, productive, and efficient work environment for our employees. As part of that commitment, we conduct pre-employment background investigations.